Self-Care and Self-Compassion
Notice: The November 2017 sessions have been cancelled.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to be notified of future sessions.
Sometimes we spend so much energy taking care of others that we neglect our own needs. And many of us are kind and understanding of others, but tend to criticize ourselves for not being perfect. Come and learn some self-compassion and self-care techniques that will help you take care of you.
The holiday season is fast approaching. Isn't it time you gave yourself a break?
Topics covered in this program include:
- Learning to speak to ourselves with kindness
- Finding ways to prioritize "me-time"
- Exploring how taking care of ourselves can help us to care for others
- Setting boundaries and communicating clearly
- Putting supports in place before we need them
- Trying out basic mindfulness activities
- Discovering breathing space in our day
- Appreciating the pleasant moments in life (even if they're rare)
You can also check out our 4-Week Mindfulness Course.
This group takes place on the second floor of a building with no elevator. The fees for this type of program are typically reimbursed by third-party extended health care insurance, as services are provided by a registered health care practitioner under the direct supervision of a registered psychologist.[table id=2 /]